Friday, March 30, 2012

Install Report Designer without SQL-Server-DBMS

Hi,
I would like to design Reporting Services-reports with Visual Studio .NET
2003 by using the Reporting Services Report Designer. VS 2003 .NET is
installed on my local machine (OS=Win XP Prof.) and the Report Server I want
to use is an already running Reporting Services installation (SQL Server
2000) which is available through the network. My question is: how can I
install the Report Designer on my local machine without installing the whole
SQL-Server DBMS?
Thanks in advance & kind regards
ChristianSelect only the design components when you install to your workstation.
-T
"Christian Nein" <no@.spam.com> wrote in message
news:u7T6Qc2eGHA.4932@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I would like to design Reporting Services-reports with Visual Studio .NET
> 2003 by using the Reporting Services Report Designer. VS 2003 .NET is
> installed on my local machine (OS=Win XP Prof.) and the Report Server I
> want to use is an already running Reporting Services installation (SQL
> Server 2000) which is available through the network. My question is: how
> can I install the Report Designer on my local machine without installing
> the whole SQL-Server DBMS?
> Thanks in advance & kind regards
> Christian
>|||I don't even see those options when running the setup (SQL Server 2000
Stand. Edition).
Am I running the wrong Setup? Is there a separate setup for the designer?
Regards
Christian
"Tim Dot NoSpam" <Tim.NoSpam@.hughes.net> wrote:
> Select only the design components when you install to your workstation.
> -T
> "Christian Nein" <no@.spam.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I would like to design Reporting Services-reports with Visual Studio .NET
>> 2003 by using the Reporting Services Report Designer. VS 2003 .NET is
>> installed on my local machine (OS=Win XP Prof.) and the Report Server I
>> want to use is an already running Reporting Services installation (SQL
>> Server 2000) which is available through the network. My question is: how
>> can I install the Report Designer on my local machine without installing
>> the whole SQL-Server DBMS?
>> Thanks in advance & kind regards
>> Christian|||RS came out on a different schedule than SQL Server 2000 and comes on its
own media. With SQL 2005, RS 2005 is shipped with SQL 2005.
--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Christian Nein" <no@.spam.com> wrote in message
news:e5fQKp$eGHA.3640@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>I don't even see those options when running the setup (SQL Server 2000
>Stand. Edition).
> Am I running the wrong Setup? Is there a separate setup for the designer?
> Regards
> Christian
>
> "Tim Dot NoSpam" <Tim.NoSpam@.hughes.net> wrote:
>> Select only the design components when you install to your workstation.
>> -T
>> "Christian Nein" <no@.spam.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I would like to design Reporting Services-reports with Visual Studio
>> .NET 2003 by using the Reporting Services Report Designer. VS 2003 .NET
>> is installed on my local machine (OS=Win XP Prof.) and the Report Server
>> I want to use is an already running Reporting Services installation (SQL
>> Server 2000) which is available through the network. My question is: how
>> can I install the Report Designer on my local machine without installing
>> the whole SQL-Server DBMS?
>> Thanks in advance & kind regards
>> Christian
>

No comments:

Post a Comment