Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Install Path

I need to be able to look up the install path for sql from within a DTS
package. The registry reading stored procs have been deleted for 'security'
but I need to make sure that SQL Agent has full access to the directory for
a
temp file. It would be ideal to get the install path and use that. This DT
S
will be installed an mulitple instances so I would like to automate this.Thom,
Maybe REGEDT32 and look for SQLPath?
HTH
Jerry
"Thom" <Thom@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7A48EA99-65D1-4ECF-B996-84191EF2DA64@.microsoft.com...
>I need to be able to look up the install path for sql from within a DTS
> package. The registry reading stored procs have been deleted for
> 'security'
> but I need to make sure that SQL Agent has full access to the directory
> for a
> temp file. It would be ideal to get the install path and use that. This
> DTS
> will be installed an mulitple instances so I would like to automate this.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment