Friday, March 30, 2012

install replication components on cluster

Hi,
At the SQL Server cluster installation time I haven't choose the replication component(wasn't required at that time). Now it is and when I run again the setup to modify the installation and to add the replication components it doesn't give me that option.
The only option that I have is to uninstall the SQL Server.
Is it what is suppose to be? If yes how can I install the replication components?
Cata,
replication isn't enabled from the setup. If you use EM, and go to tools,
replication, configure publishing... you can set it up there.
Regards,
Paul Ibison
|||Thanks for your replay.
At the setup time when you install the SQL Server one is
asked if he wants to install the Replication components -
so there are some components that have to be installed. I
haven't choose that option.
Additionally when I am choosing to configure replication
EM - Tools - Cofigure Publishing, I get the message "The
Replication components were not included when SQL Server
was installed on <server>"

>--Original Message--
>Cata,
>replication isn't enabled from the setup. If you use EM,
and go to tools,
>replication, configure publishing... you can set it up
there.
>Regards,
>Paul Ibison
>
>.
>
|||My apologies - I had selected this checkbox without thinking when I installed, which was a while ago. I'm out of the office for a while but if no-one else answers in the next few days then I'll try on a test cluster I have built back at work. I suspect yo
u'll have to break the cluster then add the components, but I'll have a look.
Regards,
Paul Ibison

No comments:

Post a Comment