Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Install of SQL Server 2000 Developer edition

For some reason, I can no longer edit or see the original thread I posted my problem to. I am trying to install SQL Server 2000 developer edition on my WinXP sp2 machine. I am also trying to install the analysis services (Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, etc).

When I attempt to install either of them, the InstallShield splash screen appears momentarily, then nothing. My computer continues to run just fine and the sqlsetup program continues to run in the background, but it never installs. I don't get an error message, nor does my computer lock up. The CD ROM just stops spinning (I've installed other software from my CD ROM, so I know it works).

I've tried rebooting a number of times. I've even tried just installing the analysis tools. I get the same result. The computer acts like it's ignoring the install. Can anyone help?

I am having exactly the same issue but I am installing it on a Windows Server 2003. A note to add is that my server is a Microsoft virtual server.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

|||Check for SQLSTP.LOG in this case to see what was the error.

No comments:

Post a Comment