Friday, March 30, 2012

Install Security

Reguarding best practices: when I am installing s SQL
Server Database, best practice would say that I do not use
the Domain Admin or the BUILTIN Admin account to run the
database under. If I cannot use these accounts, what do I
use? My network has Active Directory installed and we are
running on Win2000 servers."Rich" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8b5201c3e9a2$dbf005a0$a401280a@.phx.gbl...
quote:

> Reguarding best practices: when I am installing s SQL
> Server Database, best practice would say that I do not use
> the Domain Admin or the BUILTIN Admin account to run the
> database under. If I cannot use these accounts, what do I
> use? My network has Active Directory installed and we are
> running on Win2000 servers.

For fairly high level of security you can use a domain account with user
level domain permissions, on the server grant the permissions (user rights,
registry & NTFS permissions) found in this document:
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...1&Product=sql2k
Stevesql

No comments:

Post a Comment