Friday, March 30, 2012

Install Second Instance Of SQL Server 2005

I'm trying to install a second instance of SQL Server 2005 to an existing
server where Service Pack 2 is installed. Nothing special - no clustering, I
just want an additional instance for QA purposes.
The problem that I'm experiencing is that I receive an error message during
the installation:
Error 1603 installing Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup Support Files
The log file doesn't provide any description of an error. My only guess at
this point is that my current instance has higher versions of files than the
ones on the original install disk.
Any suggestions on how to proceed? Should I wipe-out the server and start
over?
I would appreciate any assistance. THANKS!!!
Regards,
RayHi Ray,
You could try running sqlrun.msi (in the setup directory) directly,
instead of the setup.exe. That would forego the installation of the
Setup Support Files. Not sure if that works, though.
--
Regards,
Steve
www.foxville.ch
On Sep 13, 7:08 pm, raz0r9edge <raz0r9e...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I'm trying to install a second instance of SQL Server 2005 to an existing
> server where Service Pack 2 is installed. Nothing special - no clustering, I
> just want an additional instance for QA purposes.
> The problem that I'm experiencing is that I receive an error message during
> the installation:
> Error 1603 installing Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup Support Files
> The log file doesn't provide any description of an error. My only guess at
> this point is that my current instance has higher versions of files than the
> ones on the original install disk.
> Any suggestions on how to proceed? Should I wipe-out the server and start
> over?
> I would appreciate any assistance. THANKS!!!
> Regards,
> Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment