Monday, March 26, 2012

Install new instance

Hi,
I just wanted to install a new instance of SQL Server. I came to the point
where I had to decide, where to install the program and datafiles. Am I
right in assuming, that these have to be different from my default
instance?
TIA
ThomasThomas
BOL says:
"
Each named instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 has a specific location
for its program files and another for its data files that is different from
that of the default instance of SQL Server.
"
"Thomas Wrobel" <twrobel@.waslos.de> wrote in message
news:Xns94B5963B2301Btwrobelwaslosde@.207
.46.248.16...
> Hi,
> I just wanted to install a new instance of SQL Server. I came to the point
> where I had to decide, where to install the program and datafiles. Am I
> right in assuming, that these have to be different from my default
> instance?
> TIA
> Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment