Friday, March 30, 2012

Install Report Designer on XP

I am trying to install Report Designer on my XP development machine. We
already have Reporting Services Enterprise install on our SQL Server. When I
insert the CD it automatically attempts to install the Server components and
fails becuase it is an XP machine. I only want to install the client
components but the install never gets to that point. Is there a way that I
can just install the client from the CD and bypass the System check for the
server compnents.
ThanksNot sure, but I know that the 2005 Developer Edition will work for you,
if that's possible for you to do-
Matt A|||Is it 2000 or 2005 installation?
In 2000, if I remember well you still have the possibility to click on NEXT
and ignore the errors reported by the SCC tool. This will install only the
client tools.
In 2005, Select Workstation components, Books Online and development tools
on the Components to Install page
Med Bouchenafa
"Robert Willhite" <RobertWillhite@.discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le
message de news: C20A2556-1C93-4880-966F-50AE546BCF4F@.microsoft.com...
>I am trying to install Report Designer on my XP development machine. We
> already have Reporting Services Enterprise install on our SQL Server.
> When I
> insert the CD it automatically attempts to install the Server components
> and
> fails becuase it is an XP machine. I only want to install the client
> components but the install never gets to that point. Is there a way that
> I
> can just install the client from the CD and bypass the System check for
> the
> server compnents.
> Thanks|||It is the 2000 edition. It never gets past the SCC tool errors. I
eventually get some kind of windows error. I will have to try it again
tomorrow morning to get the error.
Thanks
Rob Willhite
"Med Bouchenafa" wrote:
> Is it 2000 or 2005 installation?
> In 2000, if I remember well you still have the possibility to click on NEXT
> and ignore the errors reported by the SCC tool. This will install only the
> client tools.
> In 2005, Select Workstation components, Books Online and development tools
> on the Components to Install page
> Med Bouchenafa
> "Robert Willhite" <RobertWillhite@.discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le
> message de news: C20A2556-1C93-4880-966F-50AE546BCF4F@.microsoft.com...
> >I am trying to install Report Designer on my XP development machine. We
> > already have Reporting Services Enterprise install on our SQL Server.
> > When I
> > insert the CD it automatically attempts to install the Server components
> > and
> > fails becuase it is an XP machine. I only want to install the client
> > components but the install never gets to that point. Is there a way that
> > I
> > can just install the client from the CD and bypass the System check for
> > the
> > server compnents.
> >
> > Thanks
>
>|||I am running Reporting Services Standard Edition
"Robert Willhite" wrote:
> I am trying to install Report Designer on my XP development machine. We
> already have Reporting Services Enterprise install on our SQL Server. When I
> insert the CD it automatically attempts to install the Server components and
> fails becuase it is an XP machine. I only want to install the client
> components but the install never gets to that point. Is there a way that I
> can just install the client from the CD and bypass the System check for the
> server compnents.
> Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment