Friday, March 30, 2012

install reporting service 2005

Hi
I tried to install reporting service after i had installed sql server 2005, I find reporting service checkbox is disabled, so i can not install it.
Why it is disabled, and how i install reporting service.
thanks

Do you have IIS installed on the machine? If not installed, RS will not install either.

Also, because you have a SQL instance already installed, you have two options.

1. Install RS as another instance and you will get a full install and the check box should be enabled.

2. Install RS as a files only installation for the existing SQL Instance. Then use the configuration tool to configure RS to work with the current instance of SQL Server.

|||Hi Brad
That solved the problem. I installed IIS , and succeded in instaling RS within a named sqlsever 2005 service.
I tried to create a simple report using RS wizard in VS 2005 to test the reporting service , and when finishing the wizard the error message:
"Exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' " was thrown , and i can not generate the report.
Pls, how can i resolve the problem.
Thanks.

|||I resolved the exception error thanks to the post: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=573569&SiteID=1&mode=1

after reading the post , I downloaded the refactor software . I tried to install it

, but it could not be installed due to error:

"Error 1001: The SavedState Dictionary contains inconsistent data and

might have corrupted."

I traced the propblem until i found that DXCore (software provided by same

company of refactor) was the reason.

I removed DXcore , and every thing in reporting service in visual studio 2005

become working well !!!..

Is it a bug in DXcore ?


sql

No comments:

Post a Comment