Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Install of SQL express edition with vs2005 pro

I was able to install and use the vs 2005 for the first time today, and it was so far, so good!

However, I would like to know more about how it setup my SQL 2005 Express edition when I installed the full package of vs2005. What I would like to specifically know -- if the instance is using my Windows Authentication, or what the "sa" password might be.

When installing vs2005, it automatically installed SQL Express 2005, without prompting me for setup options on the sql part. Soooo, does is use windows authentication automatically, or some type of default "sa" password.

Very curious to know...

I'm pretty sure that by default it gets installed using Windows Authentication mode, so SA is disabled.

Paul

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment