Sunday, February 19, 2012

Inserting Picture in Report Builder Report

Hi everyone,

I want my users to be able to insert the logo when they create reports using report builder. Documentation tells that under Insert tab you can click on "Picture" and then browse to the location of the file and insert a picture. But I dont see "Picture" option under Insert menu. I only see 3 options "text box","Filter Description" and "Total Row Count".

Any Idea?

Thanks

Ashwini

add the text box and then insert a picture into the text box|||By Adding the text box it will not give me any options for inserting the picture. If I right click on the text box only format option is provided and there is no option for inserting picture inside the format dialog.|||

drag the Image tool from the Toolbox to location you want, the Image Wizard will come up.

If you put the Image tool directly into a table or matrix cell it is hard to control the size of it, that is why i suggested adding the text box as a container for the image.

|||

May this be related to some setting you have made during installation. On my instance of report server and report builder you can find the insert picture command under Insert menu.

Read more on sql server books online: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337126.aspx.

By the way, reply made by dlgross seems to be related to report designer, not report builder.

|||

Yes this is the document which I was talking about in my first post. But I dont see the Picture option under Insert Menu. Is this feature newly added in SP2? or it was there before that also any idea?

Thanks

Ashwini

|||

We recently upgraded to SP2. As I can recollect the insert image feature was ther before we upgraded too.

|||

I have tried a bunch of different scenarios (open from file, open from server, etc) but haven't been able to repro this -- I keep thinking that maybe it's some sort of "rights" thing. Like, if the report is opened from an external server maybe you don't have rights to browse for an image file. I haven't hit any case where it fails yet.

The only other idea I've had is: Have you been trying repeatedly with the same test report? Does it happen with *every* report, or just the one? If just the one, how was that report originally created?

>L<

|||

No I have tried with different reports. I closed and opend the report builder tool many times to make sure if that was the issue nothing worked. And also I am working on my local machine with my local server so permission should not be a problem here I think.

Thanks

Ashwini

No comments:

Post a Comment