Friday, February 24, 2012

inserting text > 65535

hi,
i want to insert text of size > 65535 in a text column of sql-server. I'm presently using mcp command to do this, but this utility doesn't allow these long files, and work well upto 65 kb files.
is there a way out.
thanks in advanceThis error had been noted back in Version 4.2 of SQL, see technet article
BUG: BCP Cannot Copy Text/Image Data > 64K from SQL Server (Q111921) (http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q111921)

Try setting the packet size on BCP (flag -a) to the max which is 65535|||That doesn't work... I set the size 100000. When I inserted small files that were loaded smoothly. But for bigger files it says max packaet size is 65k.

I rephrase my problem again:::::
=====================
I'm working with sql server.
I need to load large xml files in the databse, fragment it into the
tables.
(1) I don't know a way to load file with the help of script that can load
text value of > 65k. I'm presently doing with the help of "mcp" command.
But this has got size limitation. So how do u load big file in some of the
"text" field of a table.
(2) I need to do fragmentation of this file. But I cannot declare text
type variable in the procedure. I am able to parse files of upto 8000
characters, but how do I do it if I have a document > 8000 char stored in
a "text" field. I just don't know how to call sp_xml_preparedocument with
a text attribute. I think u cannot say something like
sp_xml_preparedocument @.idoc out,(select textfield from doctable)
where idoc and textfield are integer and text respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment