Friday, February 24, 2012

Inserting SOAP formatted message data into a SQL table -- OPENXML

I have a SOAP formatted message. I am passing this message as a string from
a
C# client to a SQL Stored Procedure.
I would like to read this SOAP formatted message and store the data in the
SOAP message in appropriate columns in a SQL table. How can I achieve this?
Can OPENXML be used for this purpose?
--
ggCould you just store in a nvarchar(max) ?
William Stacey [MVP]
"gudia" <gudia@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B85E4E76-A4FB-49A7-881A-A1795CE80728@.microsoft.com...
> Is configuring IIS to be used in conjunction with SQLXML a requirement for
> the question I am asking?
> My eventual goal is to insert the data present in the SOAP message into a
> SQL table.
> Please let me know how I can achieve this goal.
> Thanks|||There are a couple of approaches. You could pass the entire SOAP XML doc to
a stored procedure and use OPENXML to shred it into tables, or you could
create an annotated XSD schema that maps the elements/attributes in your
SOAP message to the tables/column in the database and use the SQLXML Bulk
Load component.
Neither of these approaches requires a SQLXML IIS site.
Cheers,
Graeme
Graeme Malcolm
Principal Technologist
Content Master
- a member of CM Group Ltd.
www.contentmaster.com
"gudia" <gudia@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B85E4E76-A4FB-49A7-881A-A1795CE80728@.microsoft.com...
Is configuring IIS to be used in conjunction with SQLXML a requirement for
the question I am asking?
My eventual goal is to insert the data present in the SOAP message into a
SQL table.
Please let me know how I can achieve this goal.
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment