Sunday, February 19, 2012

inserting records - mswebtasks error

SQL Server 2005 on a Windows XP PC

If I "Open" a table and try to insert a new record, I get an error:

The data in row 100 was not comitted.

Error Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider.

Error Message: [Microsoft][SQL Native CLient][Sql Server] Invalid object name 'msdb..mswebtasks'.

SQL web Assistant: Could not execute the SQL statement.

press ESC....

Any ideas ?

thanks

John

Do you have any triggers on the underlying table?

Paul A. Mestemaker II
Program Manager
Microsoft SQL Server Manageability
http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlrem/

|||

Thankyou for the triggers comment. There was an old dis-used trigger hiding in the background !

thanks

John

|||Brilliant! I'd been rebuilding indexes many times thinking I had a corruption. I too had old triggers hidden I didn't know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment