Sunday, February 19, 2012

Inserting records back into temp table that don't exist

I have a procedure that I'm trying to produce for a client. They want to see
total order counts each day from the 1st to the end of the month.
The procedure I have now will produce order counts for days that do exist. I
t
is using the order open date to pull orders from the orders table from
between a start and end date.
The client wants to see zero for the days that didn't have any activity.
For example:
Office Day Total
BranchA 1 50
BranchA 2 0
BranchA 3 10
How do I insert a blank record into my temp table that will show 0 for the
days that didn't pull?
Thanks so much in advance.
Message posted via http://www.webservertalk.comA general method is to create a dataset/table/view with all the days you
want to include and use an OUTER JOIN to get the results. If you want
specific query, please read www.aspfaq.com/5006 and post relevant
information to repro your problem.
Anith

No comments:

Post a Comment